posted by Prerna Arora, last updated on June 4th, 2015 at 5:30 pm
IIFA is back and this time it’s bigger, better and on Colors! The much awaited award ceremony is as glamorous as it gets and this year it even promises to be the best you’ve ever watched. Being held in Malaysia from 5th to 7th June, IIFA is one opportunity to see all Bollywood celebrities come together and celebrate the talented industry of Indian Cinema.
We’re giving you 5 most important reasons why IIFA is a definite must watch this year and how this IIFA is going to rock your world. Tell us if you agree!
1. Host who love to roast: Every event of IIFA has some charming hosts who make our evenings special. Last year the ceremony was hosted by Shahid Kapoor and Farhan Akhtar whose hilarious take on celebs still bring out a chuckle from us. But this year’s host is the deadly combination of Ranveer Singh and Arjun Kapoor! Their camaraderie is known to all and once they start having fun, there is no stopping them! Talking about host who roast, who better than these two right? You know what we mean!
2. Larger-than-life performances: We believe award nights are not only about honouring the best of Indian cinema but also some mesmerizing performances that remain etched in our minds. This year IIFA has a line-up of some mind-blowing performances that will make you go wow! From Shahid Kapoor’s Haider musical to Hritihik Roshan’s dance extravaganza, this event has covered it all!
3. The grandeur of Malaysia: Every year IIFA is welcomed by different countries in the world and this year the hosts are the beautiful people of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Our celebs have often been quoted saying that whenever they travel for IIFA the warmth and love they receive from fans overseas is overwhelming. Oh, our Bollywood deserves every bit of it, right!
4. IIFA means glamour: The ‘Green Carpet’ of IIFA is one of the biggest eye catchers of the evening. Celebs walk down the carpet dazzling in their stylish avatar, bringing up the glam quotient of the event. We can’t wait to see what our favorite celebs wear to this Green Carpet, and to share a secret this is where you’ll get all your latest style tips. Note it now!
5. Last, but surely the most entertaining event of the year!: Yes, it’s true that IIFA is the last event of the award season but it does leave an entertaining impact. It not only honours the best of movies and performances for the year but also gives a shout-out to new movies. This year IIFA is holding a screening of Dil Dhadakne Do and this is just the beginning of a new year!
There’s a lot more to look forward to this IIFA, do keep checking this space for all the latest updates!